The Town of Stoughton has embarked on a new comprehensive community planning (Master Plan) project that will help guide Stoughton’s growth and development for the next ten years and beyond. The project seeks to engage a broad range of citizens and other community stakeholders to ensure that the plan is grounded in our community's shared values and is responsive to our unique needs.
The plan will reflect the ideas of citizens, elected officials, town officials, town departments, boards, committees and the business community in an effort to reach consensus using the best practices and techniques available. The final plan will be a viable ongoing document with recommendations directed to the appropriate groups for consideration and implementation.
Stoughton's Master Plan Committee is overseeing this process and has engaged a consultant team led by the community planning firm Brown Walker Planners, Inc. to assist the Town in this endeavor. Please check back frequently to get updates on upcoming meetings, master plan reports, and how you can stay involved.
The first phase of the plan's development includes an existing conditions analysis and a town-wide visioning process to:
- identify major issues facing the Town today and over the next 5-10 years;
- identify major goals and objectives related to these issues;
- identify points of consensus and points of disagreement;
- develop priorities among those issues identified as major concerns;
- recommend strategies for responding to the issues, and; recommend a series of “next steps” for future phases of a comprehensive master plan.
The second and final phase of the planning process will result in the creation of an implementation plan, laying out strategies and action steps that will help us achieve our vision for the future.